Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday is one of the most boring-est days....

My first blog....hmmm......interesting. I was on my way home from church. If this is a blog, I should probably talk about my day at my wonderful, fob church. It's totally Korean. A majority of them don't speak proper English. But, oh well. Ever since the seniors graduated, our paster took up the pitiful job of leading worship. That, my friends, is a ear-bleeding song. He tells us every time he sees any of us, "I have a vision. A vision where every one in our youth group is jumping and yelling and singing during worship. Like the way it was at the Hillsong United concert in Sacramento." And I think to myself, "Yeah, our tiny praise team is going to be world-wide known and we're going to be performing all around the world." When he sings, (he used to be a professional opera singer, so we have to listen to his voice going UP and DOWN, his breaks between singing being at least a minute long) we nearly all just shut down and most people aren't even listening. I have no idea why he keeps on trying to make us all little worship ants....blech. Anyways, we had finished worship when me and my friend found out that lunch was a little stomach moving, so we went to the Walgreens next to the church and bought.........PASTA AND CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) We microwaved it and ate it all, it was soooooooo good! And then we ate some chocolate. Hee hee. Then when one of my other friends' mom wanted to hang out with my mom (I know. They're both over forty and they both like to 'hang out' and talk about stuff that I don't need to know about....... :\) I went to the library with them. Then, I came home and I'm watching Iljimae, one of the greatest achievements of Korea! (In my opinion, but what else matters?)

1 comment:

  1. Hey there!

    So, I am going to have you post on this any of the Back of the North Wind excerpts up to this point. You can either write about what you think of a certain part, what your favorite part has been, or you can write about one of these prompts that I will list below.

    Who can North Wind be compared to in the Bible? If you draw a comparison, make sure to back it up with quotes from the book and the Bible. Prove it to me!

    Why is Diamond's perception of life drastically different than every other human perspective in the book? How is it different? Again, make sure to convince me with examples.

    Comment on the chapter called "The Seaside." Within the chapter, Diamond and his mother have an in depth conversation. Who has a more realistic view on life? Why? Backup your view with examples and quotes.

    So, we need to figure out if we are going to go see some plays coming up soon. And it would be fun to have a movie night at my house. So much to do...

    See you soon!

    Seize the day
    Mia

    ReplyDelete